Web Development Company

We Develope Websites for Small & Medium Enterprises in and outside Trivandrum. For more details Contact 8606092299

Monday, May 20, 2013

The other day I was reading one of my industry’s newsletters. After I finished reading it, down at the bottom was a link to confirm that I want to continue receiving this newsletter. Right after I had clicked on it (my antivirus/malware program) popped this warning saying that I’ve been downloading illegal copies of songs and I had to pay a $200.00 fine. Of course the place was over in Europe where I had to send it, so I knew that it was a scam. I ran my antivirus program and it removed it, but now I get this error saying that my vlc player.dll is missing. I just click OK and my computer runs fine, but still, what is the VLC player DLL and do I really need it? If so, how can I download a new version of it?

I’m glad to hear you were on the ball knowing any popup telling you about illegal music or saying that there is a fine you need to pay is definitely not legitimate. Running a virus and malware scan after any suspicious activity never hurts.
To answer your question – VLC media player is a freeware, open-source video player from VideoLAN, and it sounds like you either had an older version of the program or had some of its files infected and needed to be cleaned out. The good news is you can download the latest version of VLC Media Player by clicking here and clicking Download VLC.

For those who don’t know, VLC is a great alternative to Windows Media Player, supporting a wide range of file formats and developed by an open source project so it’s always free to download and use. VLC comes in versions for Windows, Mac and Linux and has built-in DVD playback support. I’ve used it for years as my media player and highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Widget by : All Blogging Tips
Read more: http://allbloggingtips.com/2012/05/07/another-new-floating-facebook-like-box-widget-for-blogger/#ixzz2TrzlvfnV